Your self-concept is made up of three parts, like three layers of a cake. The first of these parts is your self-ideal. This is the version or ideal description of the person that you would most like to be in every respect. This ideal image exerts a powerful influence on your behavior and on the way you think about yourself.
The more clear you are about the person you want to become, the more likely it is that, day by day, you will evolve into that person.
The second part of your self-concept is your self-image. Your self-image it the way you see yourself, and the way you think about yourself, as you go about your daily activities.
You always behave consistently with the picture that you hold of yourself on the inside. Because of this, you can improve your performance by deliberating changing the mental pictures that you hold about yourself in that area.
The third part of your self-concept is your self-esteem. Your self-esteem is how you feel about yourself. It is the emotional component of your personality, and it is the foundation quality of high performance. It is the key to happiness and personal effectiveness.
- Self-Esteem: Understanding The Importance (trbeverlyspeaker.wordpress.com)
- Self Awareness (nyassawyblog.wordpress.com)
- How to build self-esteem in your children (ellahenrischools.wordpress.com)
- Self Concept (harishkawalkar.wordpress.com)
- Create Your Life as a Masterpiece (yourfavoritemilk.wordpress.com)