POWER may be defined as “organized and intelligently directed KNOWLEDGE”. Power, as the term is here used, refers to ORGANIZED effort, sufficient to enable an individual to transmute DESIRE into its monetary equivalent. ORGANIZED effort is produced through the coordination of effort of two or more people, who work toward a DEFINITE end, in a spirit of harmony.
- Step number one is to have a desire. You must have an intense, burning desire for your particular goal.
- Believe. You must absolutely believe, deep in your heart, that you deserve the goal and that you are capable of attaining it.
- The third step to goal achievement is for you to write it down. A goal that is not in writing is not a goal at all.
- Analyze your starting point.
- Decide why you want a particular goal in the first place. Make a list of all the ways that you will personally benefit by achieving that goal.
- Set a deadline. If your goal is big enough, break your deadline down into sub deadlines. When you break down your goals into daily and hourly amounts and activities, you will be astonished at how much more you get done.
- Determine the obstacles that are standing between you and your goal. You can apply the 80/20 Rule to the obstacles and difficulties blocking you from achieving your goals. This rule says that, in most cases, 80 percent of the reasons you are not attaining your goals are internal. They are within you rather than in the world around you. Only 20 percent of the obstacles are contained in your external situation or in other people.
- Determine the additional knowledge, information, and skills you will require to achieve your goal.
- Determine the people whose cooperation and assistance you will need. Relationships are everything.
- Make a plan to achieve your goal. A plan is an organized list of tasks that you will have to complete to get from where you are to where you want to go. A plan is a list of activities organized by time, sequence, and importance.
- Visualize your goal each day as if it were already attained. Imagine the pride, satisfaction, and happiness you would experience if you were already the person you wanted to be, with the goal that you want to enjoy.
- Back everything you do with persistence and determination. Resolve in advance that you will never give up. You must decide, in advance, that nothing will stop you. Then, when you face the inevitable obstacles and difficulties that occur, you will be psychologically prepare. You will bounce rather than break.
The Law of Practice states that whatever thought or action your repeat often enough becomes a new habit. You can develop any habit you consider desirable or necessary. You can become the kind of person you want to be if you can discipline yourself to think and act in a way that is consistent with your new, higher ideals long enough for them to become new habits. This is how you become a new and better person.
Your ability to take control of your mind and begin thinking the kind of thoughts that lead to the outcomes you desire is the starting point of the process that leads to complete freedom, happiness and self-expression.
KNOWLEDGE will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical PLANS OF ACTION, to the DEFINITE END of accumulation of money.
An educated man is not, necessarily, one who has an abundance of general or specialized knowledge. An educated man is one who has so developed the faculties of his mind that he may acquire anything he wants, or its equivalent, without violating the rights of others.
Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge he needs it, and how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of action.
Before you can be sure of your ability to transmute DESIRE into its monetary equivalent, you will require SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE of the service, merchandise, or profession which you intend to offer in return for the fortune.
Alexander’s legendary apotheosis is a testament to the transformational power of drive, and of the will to physically, mentally, and spiritually push oneself beyond the impossible.
Geniuses don’t work long and hard from a begrudging sense of duty – they do it because they have a strong desire to give everything they’ve got to a project and see it through to the best of their abilities. Ambition shows you the path to success, but drive is what gets your through it.
“I do not think there is another quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance,” wrote John D. Rockefeller. ” It overcomes almost everything, even nature.”