POWER may be defined as “organized and intelligently directed KNOWLEDGE”. Power, as the term is here used, refers to ORGANIZED effort, sufficient to enable an individual to transmute DESIRE into its monetary equivalent. ORGANIZED effort is produced through the coordination of effort of two or more people, who work toward a DEFINITE end, in a spirit of harmony.
I spent nearly a week in Mqhekezweni after the funeral and it was a time of retrospection and rediscovery. There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
In my language there is a saying: “Ndiwelimilambo enamagama” (” I have crossed famous rivers”). It means that one has traveled a great distance, that one has had wide experience and gained some wisdom from it.
The Law of Subconscious Activity states that any idea or thought that you accept as true in your conscious mind will be accepted without question by your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind will immediately begin working to bring it into your reality.
Your subconscious mind is the seat of the Law of Attraction, the sending station of mental vibrations and thought energy. When you begin to believe that something is possible for you, your subconscious mind begins broadcasting mental energies and you begin to attract people and circumstances in harmony with your new dominant thoughts.
When you begin thinking about a new goal, your subconscious takes this new thought as a command. It begins to adjust your words and actions so they are more consistent with your achieving it. You begin to do and say the right things at the right time to help you more toward it.
- Step number one is to have a desire. You must have an intense, burning desire for your particular goal.
- Believe. You must absolutely believe, deep in your heart, that you deserve the goal and that you are capable of attaining it.
- The third step to goal achievement is for you to write it down. A goal that is not in writing is not a goal at all.
- Analyze your starting point.
- Decide why you want a particular goal in the first place. Make a list of all the ways that you will personally benefit by achieving that goal.
- Set a deadline. If your goal is big enough, break your deadline down into sub deadlines. When you break down your goals into daily and hourly amounts and activities, you will be astonished at how much more you get done.
- Determine the obstacles that are standing between you and your goal. You can apply the 80/20 Rule to the obstacles and difficulties blocking you from achieving your goals. This rule says that, in most cases, 80 percent of the reasons you are not attaining your goals are internal. They are within you rather than in the world around you. Only 20 percent of the obstacles are contained in your external situation or in other people.
- Determine the additional knowledge, information, and skills you will require to achieve your goal.
- Determine the people whose cooperation and assistance you will need. Relationships are everything.
- Make a plan to achieve your goal. A plan is an organized list of tasks that you will have to complete to get from where you are to where you want to go. A plan is a list of activities organized by time, sequence, and importance.
- Visualize your goal each day as if it were already attained. Imagine the pride, satisfaction, and happiness you would experience if you were already the person you wanted to be, with the goal that you want to enjoy.
- Back everything you do with persistence and determination. Resolve in advance that you will never give up. You must decide, in advance, that nothing will stop you. Then, when you face the inevitable obstacles and difficulties that occur, you will be psychologically prepare. You will bounce rather than break.
Man’s ONLY LIMITATION, within reason, lies in his DEVELOPMENT AND USE OF HIS IMAGINATION.
- Synthetic Imagination: through this faculty, one may arrange old concepts, ideas, or plans into new combination. This faculty creates nothing. It merely works with the material of experience, education, and observation with which it is fed.
- Creative Imagination: Through the faculty of creative imagination, the finite mind of man has direct communication with Infinite Intelligence. It is the faculty through which “hunches” and “inspirations” are received. It is by this faculty that all the basic, or new ideas are handed over to man.
The Law of Practice states that whatever thought or action your repeat often enough becomes a new habit. You can develop any habit you consider desirable or necessary. You can become the kind of person you want to be if you can discipline yourself to think and act in a way that is consistent with your new, higher ideals long enough for them to become new habits. This is how you become a new and better person.
Your ability to take control of your mind and begin thinking the kind of thoughts that lead to the outcomes you desire is the starting point of the process that leads to complete freedom, happiness and self-expression.
I am a great admirer of Abraham Lincoln, and one reason I am is because he came to the point so quickly. He was a master of brevity. He made the most famous address in the history of the world. The man who preceded him to the platform spoke for two hours. Then Lincoln spoke – for exactly two minutes.
Overtalking is one of the worst of all social faults.
Whenever you become conscious of talking too long – stop! “Set Off the alarm clock” on yourself.
A salesman cannot know too much, but he can talk too much.
I don’t mean we should be abrupt. We quickly resent the person who is abrupt; but we admire the person who is brief and to the point.
Here the top post of June in the “Inspirational Chart #3”
- Doing Things in a Certain Way: like causes produce like effects
- Plans of Action: Knowledge needs to be organized into definite plans of action
- Do Create, Do Not Compete: do not take anything away from anyone
- The Gaze in strategy: Perception and Sight
- Self-Concept: is made up of 3 parts, like 3 layers of a cake
KNOWLEDGE will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical PLANS OF ACTION, to the DEFINITE END of accumulation of money.
An educated man is not, necessarily, one who has an abundance of general or specialized knowledge. An educated man is one who has so developed the faculties of his mind that he may acquire anything he wants, or its equivalent, without violating the rights of others.
Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge he needs it, and how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of action.
Before you can be sure of your ability to transmute DESIRE into its monetary equivalent, you will require SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE of the service, merchandise, or profession which you intend to offer in return for the fortune.
To be successful, you need to learn to overcome your fear of being rejected and to stop worrying about what other people say and think about you.
To be successful you must learn to lead people. The ability to get along with and inspire people is a priceless skill, a skill that can be learned.
Have a strong mentor program. You want to learn from leaders, not advisors. You want to learn from people who are already leaders, who are on the right side, and who want you to succeed.
Robert T. Kiyosaki